Sunday, February 24, 2013

He Who Refreshes Will Be Refreshed

As some of you may know, I am reading through Proverbs this month.  I also did that in November.  When I read it in November, I hilighted all the verses that talked about the poor, justice, and generosity.  There were quite a lot!

Reading it through again this month, I noticed the verses that talked about those things again.  I really like them.  I find them encouraging.  The verses encourage me to always be generous.  The verses remind me of all the times God has provided for me to help others.

One person gives freely, yet gains even more;
another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty. 
A generous person will prosper;
whoever refreshes others will be refreshed. 
Proverbs 11:24-25

Proverbs 11:25 is one of my favorites.  It says "whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."  Refresh means to give strength or energy (or so Google says).

I think one of the best way to "refresh" someone is to sponsor a child with Compassion.  I will tell you from my experiences- when I give strength by writing and sponsoring my kids, I am refreshed when I get their letters.  I am full of energy when I see one of those cream envelopes.  When I read their words and see their writing, I know that two lives are being changed (mine and theirs).

Will you please consider sponsoring a child and being refreshed?

Sponsor a Child in Jesus Name with Compassion
Child Charity
Linking up over at the Compassion Blog today.  Hop on over there to read others' posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment