Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I Can Only Imagine

Hello!

This past Friday, my family came up.  They usually come up in the summer, but they couldn't this year.  My uncle, aunt, and cousin came up for my other cousin's "going away party."

So, on Saturday, my aunt, mom, sisters, and I went to the church.  We decorated for my grandparent's fiftieth wedding anniversary surprise party :)  My sister and I hung decorations off of the ceiling.  (I could have used my cousin's height then, but he wasn't there.)  We helped prepare the food and just get set up.

Then at 5pm, the guests started to arrive.  There was supposed to be around fifty extended family members, but I do not know how many people showed up.  A little bit later, my dad brought my grandpa and grandma in.  We all shouted "Surprise!  Happy Anniversary!"  For supper, we had roast beef and salads.

My sister and I washed the dishes as they came.  When we had just about finished the dishes, it was time for dessert.  Or so we thought.  The pastor came in, and my grandparents renewed their vows.  It was really cool.  After that we had cake and ice cream and chocolate mousse cups (which I made).


Then everyone left.  So, we took care of the food.  Because people were talking, my sister and I helped hang decorations from the ceiling for the birthday party the next day.  So yeah.  It was pretty awesome!!

Then on Sunday, my uncle, aunt, and cousin left for home.  I wish they could have stayed longer, but I was glad that I got to see them.  If you are reading this, I hope you know that I wished you guys lived closer.  Miss you.

I think every post should have a title.  So this one is named after the song I was listening to when I began this post- I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me.

Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment