Saturday, August 3, 2013

59 Days

I have 59 days to raise $1000.

There are a couple ways that could happen:
1. 59 people donate $17
2. 24 people donated $38
3. 17 people donate $59
4. 40 people donate $25

or

5. many people donate what they can.

I like #5.

Okay, you say, back up - what do you need $1000 for??

I guess I got ahead of myself, huh?  Well, Cycle4Compassion's goal this year is $1000.  Every single dollar will go to sponsor Eduardito (Mainor) and a new child through Compassion.


But I am not asking you to just donate money, I am asking you to sponsor me, to support my ride.  Sometime in September, I will bicycle 25km.  Rain or shine.  Sprained elbow or not.  (read about last year's ride: Love is an Action: Cycle4compassion)  I will ride to "brake" the cycle of poverty.

Through Compassion sponsorship the cycle of poverty will be "braked." stopped. halted. in Eduardito's life and in the life of another child (who I have yet to choose to support).  It will also be broken. shattered. unrecognizable-ized.  That's right, when Eduardito is an adult, people will see him and not know that he grew up in extreme poverty.

Eduardito wants to be a doctor when he grows up.  The ratio of people to doctors in El Salvador is 625 to 1.  With the generation Compassion is raising up, it will change.

Please pray for Cycle4Compassion: "Brake" the cycle of poverty and for Eduardito.

And please, think about how you can help.  You too can ride and get sponsors.  (It's so fun.  You won't regret it!)  By that, you can raise awareness and help Eduardito.  For details on that, please visit Cycle4Compassion: "Brake" the cycle of poverty: What Do I Have To Do?

To donate, go to Cycle4Compassion (for tax-deductible donations, please e-mail me at lizzie4compassion@gmail.com)

Thank you!


"And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward."  - Jesus

4 comments:

  1. I hope you are able to reach your goal,Lizzie!that's so exciting that you might get to sponsor another child!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so cool!! I'll be praying that you'll be able to raise enough money. If I'm able to, I will try to donate. Good luck, Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Prayers work! That is the most important thing - God will do the rest :)

      Delete