Wednesday, December 5, 2012

What does it mean to me?

Giving.

This month Compassion bloggers are blogging about giving because, after all, it's all about giving.  Christmas is all about gifts.  Not only the gifts we exchange with our friends and family, but the Gift, our Savior.


To me, giving means living a life for God.  

God is love.  When I love someone, I want to do everything I can for them.  I will give of myself and my time for them.

James even tells us that perfect religion is giving-
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.  -James 1:27
By giving time, money, energy, food, etc., we can look after others.  James specifically says to look after orphans and widows, basically those who do not have the means to look after themselves.

Jesus says that whatever we do for others, we do for Him-
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me. -Matthew 25:40
Consequently, whatever we do not do for others, we don't do for Him-
Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me. -Matthew 25:45
How can you help the "least of these?"

You can join me and many others in raising $20,000 for children in poverty!

You know how you feel when you give the gift that you know the receiver has been waiting for?  When you give that gift, it is worth every second you have spent working on it and thinking about it.  That is how you will feel when you give the gift of life to families in poverty.

To do that, go HERE.

Compassion's Christmas Gift catalog has many different gifts to help children and their families in poverty.  As I always say, every dollar counts!  No matter if it is one dollar or fifty, it can and will change a life!

#ItsAboutGiving
Lizzie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment