Friday, December 28, 2012

Snow themed letter for young sponsored child

I am linking up with Blogging from the Boonies again for Correspondence Connections.

Since everyone seems to sponsor children under six, I decided to write up a sample letter to send to kids six and under.  Because we got a lot of snow today, I thought it would be a good topic to write about.

Hello, friend!
     How are you?  My family and I are well.  It is winter where I live.  Winter is the coldest season in New York.  It gets so cold that it snows instead of rain!  Snow is white, and it covers the ground.  Sometimes the snow gets meters high.  (Note: Use metric measurements when writing to your children.  The translator will not convert from English to metric.)  If you hold the snow in your hand, it melts into water.  It is fun to play in the snow.  Sometimes you can build a small fort or snow man out of the snow.  A snow man is made out of three balls of snow stacked on each other.
     Psalm 28:7 says, "The Lord is my strength and shield.  I trust Him with all my heart.  He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy."  If you are ever scared, friend, just remember that God is always with you.  He is bigger than any trouble you face.  God will help you and protect you.  It also says in the Bible that God will turn your sadness into joy.
     God made you special, and He love you very much.  He has a great and wonderful plan for your life.  You are very important, friend.  I love you lots!  God bless you.
Hugs and kisses,
Your sponsor

I would use my sponsored child's name rather than friend, but either work.  You can copy this letter completely if you like or just use it to get you started.  If you do write a snow letter, here are some pictures you can use (just say a friend took them for you)-




(Please don't use these photos without permission.)  Last year I wrote each of my kids' names in the snow with my finger.  I took a picture of it and sent it to them.  I hope that it encourages you to write to your sponsored children this month!  

What did you write to your sponsored child?

Lizzie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment