Saturday, November 24, 2012

What I Learned By Going Door-to-door

Hello!

To get sponsorships for my cycle4compassion ride, I went door-to-door to ask for donations.  I had never done this before, so it was a new experience for me.

The first time, I rode my bike for over an hour.  I only got about half of the block done, but I had over $200 in donations.  It was really encouraging.

The couple at the first house I went to were really sweet.  As you can imagine, I was quite nervous, even though I memorized what to say.  I stepped inside the door while the lady went to get the money.  Apparently the man realized I was nervous, because he told me not to be.  He told me it was a good cause to raise money for.  I know that God used that man to reassure me.  Now I won't say I wasn't still nervous, but I was not as much.

The second time I went door-to-door was after I came home from camping.  Because I had sprained my arm, I could not ride my bike.  So, my mom drove me around.

That day I met two fellow sponsors.  It was so cool to see that there were Compassion sponsors near me.  I could tell that they loved their sponsored kids.  From what they said about their sponsored children, I think they probably write to them as well.  I am so glad that there are other sponsors in my area.  One day when I have a letter writing party, I will invite them.  I would really love to get to know them and their sponsored kids.

While I found going door-to-door easier than asking people I know for donations, it still taught me a lot.  It taught me that God is good all the time and He really does work all things together for good.

Being able to see the people God led to give was awesome.  One lady gave one dollar.  She was so sweet though, and it was all the small bills she had.  She stopped watching a seventies skating movie to find it for me.

All in all, I am glad I went door-to-door.  I can't wait for cycle4compassion next year and to see how God brings all things together to continue sponsoring Mainor.

Change a life!
Lizzie :)

It is that time again!  For more information on how you can participate in Cycle4Compassion this year, go to cycle4compassion.com

No comments:

Post a Comment