Thursday, November 8, 2012

This and That Thursday

Hello!

I am linking up with Blogging from the Boonies today with a this and that post.

Outside the window:  The sun is shining, finally!!  One out of three trees in our front yard has completely lost all of its leaves.  The other two have barely started.

Thankful for:  Samantha and Elizabeth (you can read about them in my previous post).  I am also thankful to be able to watch Evie again.  She is such a sweet little girl!

Listening to:  While I am not listening to anything right now, I have been enjoying K-LOVE on my iTunes radio.

Reading: Platform by Michael Hyatt and The Scottish Chiefs by Jane Porter.  I am also reading Proverbs this month in the Bible.

Excited about:  I am going on a field trip to the Corning Museum of Glass tomorrow.  And on Tuesday my family will be packing Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes!

Memorizing: Psalms 40:8, "I desire to do Your will, my God; Your law is within my heart."  I sent this verse to Kartini and Lucie a week ago, so that they could memorize it with me.

For school: I am writing an essay that compares futbol (soccer) and football and an opinion paper stating that I believe we can end extreme poverty in our lifetime.

Praying:  I am praying for Aruna and Compassion.  I have not heard from Aruna since we started sponsoring her four months ago.  Compassion has started the search for a new president because Wess Stafford will retire in the next two year.  Two leaders from the North East Region Advocates have changed position.  I am also praying for those to be filled.

What have you been up to?  Is there anything I can pray about for you?

Change a life!
Lizzie :)

2 comments:

  1. You should post your paper about ending poverty in our lifetime when you are done with it, I'd love to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had not thought of that, but maybe I will. Thanks for reading!

      Delete