Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Letter Writing

Hello!

I have always loved writing letters.  I have had some pen pals, but none wrote to me as much as I did to them.  Not, of course, because they were not amazing friends.  I think I might have a knack for writing letters, because I never run out of things to say!

Blogging from the Boonies is doing a link-up each month called Correspondence Connections.  Basically many bloggers will be sharing ideas on what to write in letters to sponsored children.  I plan on linking up, and here is my first post.

I help out with the four-year-olds at my church every other week.  (My church is really big.  So they divide up classes by age/grade.)  I really love it for three reasons: one, the kids are just soo sweet; two, Mainor is four, and I love to think that he is like them; three, it gives me something to tell my kids.

I share the lesson in my own words for Mainor.  I wasn't sure what to write him because I had never had a little kid before.  The lessons are usually about David.  I try to apply the Bible lessons to life today.  The one  I plan on using is God gives us good friends (David and Jonathon).  I will tell Mainor about my friends and ask a question or two about his.

For my older kids, I tell them about how much I love to be around little kids.  I may share the lesson with them as well.  I will tell them about serving God and that if we love God, we can show it by loving and helping other people.  I also ask about their younger siblings.

Well, I hope this gives you some ideas.  I will be sharing some more each month.

Change a life!
Lizzie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment