Friday, September 28, 2012

HOME

Hello!

I wrote this poem from the perspective of a sponsored child in Cochabamba, Bolivia.  Although this story is fictional, it is based on reality.  So here it is.

Home

I am lonely.
I am scared.
My ears hear a baby's wail
From having an empty stomach.
My body's stiff
From sleeping on the ground.
My ears hear shooting
And drunkards' cries.
My eyes see
The walls crumbling
And young ones begging.
I see the world
Falling apart.
My heart longs
For love.
Then, I can hear it in the distance
The laughing, the excitement.
Everything else fades.
I run.
I smile.
My eyes see bright-colored walls-
I see hope.
My ears hear metal plates clanging-
I hear joy.
She hugs me at the door-
I feel love.
My heart is full.
I am safe.
I am home.

Now tell me, what am I describing?  I would really like to know what you think of this.  So please leave a comment :)
Lizzie :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lizzie,
    Great poem! You are describing a sponsored child who goes to their child developement center through Compassion.
    I am a homeschooled teenager who sponsors & corresponds through Compassion as well.
    I don't have my own blog, but I read yours! :)
    Oh, and, by the way, I tried to comment using the 'Name and URL' function on your blog but the box to write my name into came up underneath this comment box, resulting in an unsuccessful comment. I am not sure if you can fix that but I'd thought I'd let you know.
    Blessings,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right! I was not sure if I made it clear or not. That is really awesome that you are homeschooled, too! Thanks for reading my blog :)

      I don't know why that would happen (about the comment), but thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
    2. Well, good! That means you got your point across! Yep, and its been encouraging to read your blog, see your comments on Compassion, etc. Keep it up! I enjoy getting to know you a bit through your blog.
      Emily

      Delete
    3. Thanks!! I always love hearing your thoughts, so feel free to let me know what you think of any of my posts. :)

      Delete