Saturday, March 16, 2013

Movies

Everyone watches them.  But personally, I find them boring.  Or confusing.  Or both ;)  My sister can't seem to understand how that can be.

So I started thinking about it.  I realized why I am not that interested in them.  I think it is because it is so pointless to watch them.  At the the end of the day, it doesn't matter if I watched this TV show or that movie.  What matters is if I brought glory to God all day long.

Now don't get me wrong, I do pointless things all the time.  And I do enjoy movies sometimes.  Most of the time though, I would rather write a letter to my sponsored child or make a bracelet to raise money for CSPs instead.

With that in mind, today I want to do things that matter.  Today I want to write to my child and make that bracelet.  Today I want to bring glory to God in everything I do.  Today I will help others and speak up for those who can't speak for themselves.  Today I can change the world.

“If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.” - Martin Luther

2 comments:

  1. Lizzie, thank you so much! Totally what I needed! It is so encouraging to hear that you have the same heart. I love that quote from Martin Luther- so true. Blessings, girl, and keep standing for Jesus! Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Emily! Glad that this encouraged you today. I just found that quote the other day when reading something by Ann Voskamp. I loved it instantly!! God bless :)

      Delete