Thursday, January 31, 2013

Who Am I?

I gently rub my finger over the cold metal.  I remember when I bought it, how I wanted it to define me.  I practiced lots, and amazingly I become pretty good at baton.  I loved it.  Even to this day, I love to feel the metal wand wrap around my fingers.  But, it is not who I am.

I'm not a dancer.  I never will be.  I am something even better than that.

I am a child of God, loved by the King.

When people see me, I don't want them to see my stuff or talents.  I want people to see my love for God. I want people to my passion to do what is right.  Dare I even say- I want them to see a tiny glimpse of Jesus in me.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes.  Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.
-1 Peter 3:3-4

1 comment: